The Union Hotel
The hotel opened in about 1880 as the Solano House and was later named the Newport. Today’s imposing hostelry is the product of renovation begun in 1970. The comfortable décor of this hotel is reminiscent of California’s past and is highlighted with touches of European elegance. It has twelve historically decorated guestrooms, a dining room and bar. Ghost stories abound in the hotel’s history including that of “Disappointed Mary.” In the middle of the nineteenth century, this beautiful cream colored hotel welcomed guests from all over the world with warm hospitality. The tradition continues today at the Union Hotel in lovely historic Benicia.